Walnut Creek Personal Injury Attorney
Our experienced Southern California firm handles a large variety of personal injury cases. The kinds of injury claims that we represent include but are not limited to:
Auto Accidents, Brain Injury Cases, Motorcycle Accidents, Pedestrian / Crosswalk Accidents, Big Rig / Semi-truck Accidents, Dog Bite Cases and more…
So if you were involved in a personal injury case, then just pick up the phone and give us a call. We are always standing by to take your case.
At 24/7 California Law, our main focus is representing injured citizens in their personal injury claims. Don’t file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company on your own. A Walnut Creek personal injury attorney can assist you with filing your claim. With our aggressive approach as well as extensive personal injury experience, your case could not be in better hands.
Types of Personal Injury Claims We Accept
Some of the more common type of personal injury cases we accept are listed below:
- Auto Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Big Rig Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
The facts of your case will determine who we will be filing a claim against: i.e., the negligent party who caused the accident, the employer of the party causing the accident, your personal insurance company and other companies/entities (a company that sells a defective product that caused the accident is an example of this). A Walnut Creek personal injury attorney can assist you in filing your personal injury claim.
What Should I Do After a Walnut Creek Accident?
Your first concern after an accident is both your safety and the safety of others. Make sure you, any passengers, and your vehicle are out of harm’s way before doing anything else. Next, you should do the following:
- Call 911 and file an accident report
- Seek medical attention
- Make sure you and the other driver/party exchange insurance information
- Get the contact information of all witnesses to the accident
- Take out your cell phone and take pictures of the accident scene, including: your car, the other car, accident scene and your injuries
- File claims with all relevant insurance companies
- Make notes of every expense incurred as a result of the accident, including: lost wages, medical bills and loss of property
- Contact a Walnut Creek personal injury attorney
Finally, personal injury claims have strict filing deadlines. You will lose any right to compensation if you do not file your claims or personal injury case in the time period that the law requires. The clock starts ticking immediately; therefore, the Statute of Limitations could expire before you make your claim if you are not careful. Contact an experienced Walnut Creek personal injury attorney today to ensure your claim is timely.
How Is Fault Determined in a Personal Injury Case?
Almost all personal injury cases involve negligence. In California, a negligence claim must prove the following:
- Party at fault had a duty: The party who caused the accident must have had a legal duty of care. At a stop sign, every party has a duty to ensure their car makes a full stop. That is an example of the legal duty of care.
- The party at fault breached their duty: You must prove that the at fault party was at fault. If the party ran a stop sign and gets into an accident, they have breached their duty of care.
- The party at fault must have caused the injury: Your injuries must have occurred due to the negligence of the other party. In the stop sign example, the driver who was hit due to the negligence of the a fault party will have a claim if the accident caused their injury.
- Your damages must be able to be measured: You must be able to show you suffered damage as a result of the accident. Examples include: lost wages, medical bills and other losses related to the accident.
Do I Need to File a Claim?
You may think that your injuries might not be severe enough to hire an attorney. However, injuries can take time to develop and what starts as a minor tear can end up being something that requires surgery and extensive rehabilitation.
It is always in your best interests to seek proper medical attention and ensure your injuries are not serious. A doctor will provide the proper medical care and documentation to help you decide if a personal injury claim should be filed.
Why Should I Have an Attorney Evaluate My Case?
California personal injury claims can be demanding and require thorough legal analysis. It is not just the act of filing insurance forms and drafting legal documents. You must also do the following:
- identify all legal claims
- analyze medical records
- review accident scene to assign percentages of fault
- interview witnesses, medical experts and other parties
- communicate with the insurance companies
- place a value on the claim
- estimate chances of success of the legal claim
- mediate with the other party or insurance company
- attend all hearing and court related matters
- follow all applicable state and local rules
Without the assistance of an experienced Walnut Creek personal injury attorney, you can lag behind and end up not receiving the proper compensation.
Talk to a Walnut Creek Personal Injury Attorney Today
At 24/7 California Law, our attorney has over 25 years of experience handling all types of personal injury cases. Contact 24/7 California Law today for a free consultation.