Our experienced Southern California firm handles a large variety of personal injury cases. The kinds of injury claims that we represent include but are not limited to:
Auto Accidents, Brain Injury Cases, Motorcycle Accidents, Pedestrian / Crosswalk Accidents, Big Rig / Semi-truck Accidents, Dog Bite Cases and more…
So if you were involved in a personal injury case, then just pick up the phone and give us a call. We are always standing by to take your case.
A Riverside personal injury attorney can help if you or a loved one was in an accident caused by someone else. When you experience a personal injury, you often have extensive medical bills and are unable to work for an extended period of time. You need time to heal and financial security while you focus on recovery. An experienced Riverside personal injury attorney will evaluate your case and help you obtain the compensation you need and deserve. Call us today at (909) 337-6483 to find out what we can do for you.
Types of Cases We Handle
There are a multitude of situations that can result in personal injuries that are the fault of another party. Our Riverside personal injury attorney can help you with:
- Auto Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Bus Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Big Rig Accidents
- Construction Accidents
Elements of a Successful Case in Riverside
Personal injury cases are all based on the same elements that must be proven in order to obtain compensation. Through the extensive experience of our Riverside personal injury attorney, we have found that successful cases prove:
- Duty – The party that caused your accident must have a legal duty to act reasonably towards you. In general, most people have a legal duty to behave in a reasonable manner towards other people that they encounter on a daily basis. One exception would be that a property owner doesn’t have a duty of care to a trespasser on his or her land. Car drivers, pet owners, and heavy machinery operators are expected to act in a reasonable manner that maintains the safety of others.
- Breach of Duty – If a person breaches their duty to act reasonably, then they may be responsible for the results of that breach. A person who acts unreasonably with negligence or recklessness may be at fault for an accident.
- Causation – The action or inaction of a person must have actually caused the injuries that occurred. Your lawyer can prove this by considering the cause and effect of the negligent or reckless actions of a party. Once you prove causation, you can imply responsibility for the results.
- Damages – The result of unreasonable, negligent, or reckless actions are damages to a victim. Damages may be monetary, such as property damage, or non-monetary, such as pain and suffering. Even if damages are not monetary, a financial value can usually be placed on them when seeking compensation.
Determining Fault in a Personal Injury Accident
It’s important to determine who is at fault in a personal injury accident because you deserve compensation for the damages that they caused. When determining fault, your Riverside personal injury attorney will evaluate duty, breach of duty, and causation. These elements can guide your case to establishing responsibility for any damages that were caused.
Insurance companies are primarily concerned with fault. Once we determine who is at fault, we can seek compensation for your injuries.
What Should You Do After an Injury?
Many accidents can result in severe injuries that require medical attention and render you unable to work for a period of time. During that time, you will likely incur expenses caused by that accident. In order to receive compensation to cover your expenses, you must be able to prove that you had damages. Here are some of the steps you can take after an accident to make sure you’re able to recover for your damages:
- Call 911. If you are in an accident that results in injuries or even property damage, you should call the police to make an official report. That police report will be used later to prove facts in your case.
- Get medical help. Whether you call 911 and go to the hospital in an ambulance or seek a doctor’s medical opinion days after your accident, you should get medical help as soon as possible. This will prove that you sustained injuries.
- Take pictures of the incident. You can use a cellphone to take pictures and video at the scene of an accident. Make sure you picture the accident from several different angles and take images of your injuries as well. Take pictures of other parties and witnesses to the scene so that you remember who the accident may have involved.
- Contact a Riverside personal injury attorney. The process of gathering evidence for a personal injury claim can be complex. We understand that you need to rest and recover. Let us do the work while you focus on moving forward with life.
How an Attorney Can Help
Upon suffering an injury due to the fault of someone else, it is common to have numerous thoughts go through your mind. Once you take the first steps in seeking medical treatment for your injury, you will start to worry about being able to afford the medical care and other costs associated with the injury.
Insurance companies will attempt to settle your claim for less than it is worth. However, with the assistance of an experienced San Diego personal injury attorney, you can seek the proper amount owed to you. At 24-7 California Law, our attorneys understand how the insurance companies work and can devise strategies to ensure you don’t get an unfair settlement.
Do I Really Need a Lawyer to Represent Me?
Most people injured in a car accident will wonder whether they actually need a lawyer to represent them. Insurance companies will throw out a lump sum offer that looks plentiful, but may not be anywhere near close to what you need to cover all of your costs. An experienced Riverside injury attorney understands every aspect of the case and understands what your case is really worth. We can review medical records, communicate with experts and estimate how much your recovery will cost throughout the remainder of your life. Contact 24-7 California Law today and request a case evaluation.
Can I Afford to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney?
Upon being injured in an accident through no fault of your own, you might find yourself unable to work while you recover. As a result, you will probably be hesitant about the prospect of paying an attorney to help you recover in your personal injury matter.
Luckily, most attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. Attorneys only get paid, when compensated on a contingency fee basis, if they recover money on behalf of their clients. Their fees are deduced from your settlement. In addition, most personal injury attorneys provide free consultations and will only take cases they believe they can recover on. Contact a Riverside personal injury lawyer at 24-7 California Law today, and ask them about how their fees are structured.
Steps to Take After an Accident in Riverside
Your first step after being injured in accident is to seek immediate medical treatment. Once you are healthy enough mentally, you should attempt to document everything you remember about the accident. You should document the time, date and location of the accident.
Secondly, make sure you write down the extent of your injuries. Then, write down the amount of wages you have lost as a result of the injury. Finally, document any changes to your physical or mental behavior. Also document and changes to your daily routine as a result of the injury. Keep the list handy and make sure to write down anything you feel is prudent to your case. Upon scheduling a case evaluation, make sure to provide the attorney with the list so it can be reviewed.
A Riverside Personal Injury Attorney Can Help You
If you sustained injuries in an accident, you need the assistance of a lawyer who will stand by your side as you recover. Contact a Riverside personal injury attorney for help today. Call us at (909)-402-3133