Our experienced Southern California firm handles a large variety of personal injury cases. The kinds of injury claims that we represent include but are not limited to:
Auto Accidents, Brain Injury Cases, Motorcycle Accidents, Pedestrian / Crosswalk Accidents, Big Rig / Semi-truck Accidents, Dog Bite Cases and more…
So if you were involved in a personal injury case, then just pick up the phone and give us a call. We are always standing by to take your case.
At 24-7 California Law, we represent injured Californians in accident and personal injury cases. Before you file an accident claim with the at-fault person?s insurance company, you should consult with an experienced Irvine personal injury attorney. Learn more about our aggressive approach to personal injury litigation below.
Common Types of Irvine Personal Injury Claims
Our Irvine personal injury attorney represents a wide variety of personal injury cases. Some of the most common reasons to file a personal injury lawsuit are the following:
- Auto Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Big Rig Accidents
Depending on the nature of your claim, you might have claims against the careless person, his or her employer, your personal insurance company, and other entities (such as a manufacturer of a defective or dangerous product).
What Should I Do After an Irvine Accident?
Immediately after an accident, your first concern should always be your safety. For example, after a car accident, move your vehicle out of harms? way (if possible). Next, you should:
- Contact law enforcement and file an accident report
- Seek necessary medical treatment
- Exchange both contact and insurance information with the other parties
- Get any witnesses? contact information
- Take photos of the accident scene and the vehicles, as well as your injuries
- File claims with the relevant insurance companies
- Compile information about your economic damages, such as your medical bills, property losses, and lost income
- Contact an Irvine personal injury attorney.
Additionally, personal injury claims involve strict filing deadlines. If you do not file your insurance claim or lawsuit within the correct time period, you will automatically lose your right to compensation. Since the statute of limitations in your claim might be relatively short, it?s in your best interest to immediately contact an experienced Irvine personal injury attorney.
Determining Fault in an Irvine Personal Injury Claim
Most personal injury claims involve negligence. A California negligence claim must prove the following:
- The at-fault party had a duty.?The party that caused the accident must have a legal duty of care (such as a duty to either yield to oncoming traffic, drive at a reasonably safe speed, or avoid distractions).
- The at-fault party breached?their duty.?You must show that the at-fault party did not meet his or her duty of care.
- This breach caused your injuries.?Causation in a negligence claim is a complicated legal concept. You must show that the at-fault?s party conduct was the actual and proximate cause of your injuries. Since you must carefully analyze the facts of your claim and California law, it?s typically in your best interest to consult with a lawyer about causation issues.
- You must have quantifiable damages.?Depending on your circumstances, your damages might include compensation for your lost income, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other losses.
It Seems Like my Injuries are Minor. Do I Need to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Sometimes, injuries take time to develop. What you think are minor ?aches and pains? might later evolve into a serious medical condition that requires intensive medical treatment. For example, a headache might be early evidence of a traumatic brain injury. Or, your sore back might actually be a herniated disc that requires surgery as well as prolonged time off-work.
For these reasons, it?s always in your best interest to seek medical care if you have any pain or discomfort after an accident. A doctor will help you understand the severity of your?injuries?and, moreover, will document the progression of your condition. (This might become valuable evidence in a personal injury claim.)
Why Should I Consult With an Irvine Personal Injury Attorney?
California personal injury and negligence claims involve a careful legal and factual analysis. In addition to filing insurance forms and legal pleadings, you must:
- Identify all of your legal claims
- Review and interpret medical records
- Reconstruct the accident scene and then assess each party?s negligence
- Interview witnesses, experts, and other parties
- Compile evidence that supports your claims
- Negotiate with the insurance companies
- Assess the strength of your claim as well as its monetary value
- Participate in alternative dispute resolution
- Attend court hearings and depositions
- Comply with all state and local court rules
Without help from an experienced Irvine personal injury attorney, you might make costly mistakes and subsequently lose your right to compensation.
No two Irvine personal injury claims are identical. You cannot rely on online chat boards or anecdotal evidence when evaluating your claim. Instead, a skilled personal injury lawyer should help you understand your legal rights, any issues you might face during litigation, and explain the complicated process of litigating a personal injury case.
Speak With a Seasoned Irvine Personal Injury Attorney
At 24-7 California Law, our Irvine personal injury attorney has handled accident claims for over 25 years. We aggressively fight for our clients and provide them with both compassionate and practical advice. Personal injury consultations are always free. Contact us today for more information.