Del Mar Personal Injury Attorney
Our experienced Southern California firm handles a large variety of personal injury cases. The kinds of injury claims that we represent include but are not limited to:
Auto Accidents, Brain Injury Cases, Motorcycle Accidents, Pedestrian / Crosswalk Accidents, Big Rig / Semi-truck Accidents, Dog Bite Cases and more…
So if you were involved in a personal injury case, then just pick up the phone and give us a call. We are always standing by to take your case.
If you have recently suffered injuries in an accident, you will need an experienced Del Mar personal injury attorney. Accidents cause injuries that lead to expensive medical bills and missed time at work. Your main focus after an accident should be on a healthy recovery. At 24/7 California Law, we can help you with your accident claim. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.
What Type of Accident Cases Do We Handle?
We handle a wide array of personal injury cases. If your injuries occurred due to the fault of another party, our Del Mar personal injury attorney can assist you in the following:
- Auto Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Big Rig Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Bus Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Construction Accidents
What Are the Elements of a Personal Injury Claim?
All personal injury cases have elements you must satisfy in order for your case to succeed. At 24/7 California Law, our experienced Del Mar personal injury attorney understands the elements of a personal injury case and how to prove each element. The required elements needed to prove a personal injury case include the following:
- Duty: Every person has a duty to behave in a reasonable manner towards other people during their daily interactions. This includes the duty to drive at a reasonable speed or to yield to oncoming traffic.
- Breach of Duty: When a person does not act in a reasonable manner towards another, this is a breach of duty. Typically, this person is at fault for the accident.
- Causation: The party who was negligent must have caused the injury you suffered. Your Del Mar personal injury attorney may be able to prove that the negligent party caused the accident which created the injuries you suffered.
- Damages: You must prove that you incurred damages as the result of the negligent or reckless act of the other party. Your injury will be your proof of damage in most situations. You may seek financial compensation for the money lost due to medical bills, lost wages and other non-quantifiable damages. You may have also suffered other damages that while not financial in nature can lead to financial compensation.
Determining Who Is at Fault
In order for your personal injury case to succeed, you must be able to prove someone or something was at fault. Your Del Mar personal injury attorney will be able to deduct from the facts who the party at fault is. Determining fault is imperative to a successful personal injury claim, as insurance companies focus on fault when deciding how to handle claims. At 24/7 California Law, we understand how important determining fault is and will ensure we do that prior to accepting your case.
What Should I Do After the Accident?
The majority of accidents in personal injury cases require the injured party to seek medical attention and the recovery time is long enough that the injured party normally misses some work as a result. That can be a very costly time for you due to expensive medical bills and lost wages from missing work. You must be able to prove another party is at fault if you want to receive compensation for your losses. Here are some tips on what to do after an accident to best advance your case so you will be able to receive compensation:
- Contact Law Enforcement Immediately: Call the police as soon as possible. This is so they can conduct an accident investigation and have an accident report filed. That will come in handy later on when you want to prove the other party was at fault.
- Seek Medical Assistance: If you have sustained injuries, your safety should be your first priority. Seek medical attention immediately in emergency situations. Make sure you see a doctor within 48 hours or so in non-emergency situations. Medical records provide proof of injuries and help prove your case.
- Take Pictures of the Scene: If you are able to to from a health standpoint, take out your cell phone and take pictures of the scene to use later to advance your case.
- Contact a Del Mar Personal Injury Attorney: You need an experienced attorney to help you seek compensation against experienced insurance companies who do not enjoy paying injured parties. The attorneys at 24/7 California Law will always go the extra mile to ensure you receive compensation for your personal injury.
A Del Mar Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
If you have been injured in an accident, call 24/7 California Law today for a free case evaluation.